How to join the blog:
Click on the Share Your Quilt button
- Choose and type in a user name.
- Type in your email address.
- A password will be mailed to you at the email address you provided and you’ll automatically be redirected to a log in page.
- Check your inbox for the email containing your password.
- Use that password along with your user name to log in.
- You’ll then be directed to the page where you can share your quilt with everyone.
Do I Need to Have a Blog to Join?
- You don’t need to have a blog or web site to be part of Just Takes 2™. It’s open to everyone! If you do have a blog, we hope you’ll “Grab the Button” and display it on your blog to help spread the word about the quilt.
How to Post and Share Pictures
- Click on the Share Your Quilt button
- Type in the title of your post
- Tell us what you’re doing and add a picture if you like
- Click Submit
- You can then click on the Home Page link to see your completed post on the blog.
If you haven’t registered you’ll be asked to do that first
How much fabric do I need?
- Information on fabric requirements can be found on the Basic Information page
Is there a charge for the block patterns?
- The patterns are free for one month from the time they are posted. Patterns are posted on the 1st day of the month at Sentimental Stitches™ and the 15th day of the month at Dear Jane.
They will be free until the 1st and 15th of the following month. ie. January 1 to February 1 and January 15 to February 15. After that time they are retired to the Online Store where they can be purchased as digital downloads for $3 per set.
Why can’t I open my instant download?
- Here we have the million dollar question! Most times things go smoothly but once in a while the download encounters an email address, email service provider, virus protection software, web browser or some other minute little thing it doesn’t like and your download won’t open. It’s probably not anything you did. Please let us know you had a problem and we’ll get things taken care of for you as quickly as possible.
Will you send out monthly reminders?
Where do I download the patterns?
- At Sentimental Stitches™ you can get them on the posting for the first day of each month or you can always go to the Just Takes 2™ page and scroll down until you see the large red text – Just Takes 2™ Blocks for ….. Click on that link and the pattern file will open for you to print or save to your computer.
- At Dear Jane ………………….
Common Printing Problems
There can be many reasons why your block patterns aren’t printing at the correct size. The first thing we suggest you check is to make sure the setting for Page Scaling is set at: None
The second thing you want to look for is to see if your printer has a setting that asks you what percentage you’d like to print your document at. I have 4 printers installed on my computer right now and only one of them has this setting. It’s located within the Printer Properties. You want it to be set to print at Actual Size or 100%. Make sure the Scale to Fit is NOT selected.
If these two things don’t correct your problem it could be the web browser you’re using. There is a difference between Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. There is a difference between versions of those two browsers. For example, if you’re printing through Chrome and things are too small try to print your pattern using Internet Explorer. Most times saving the file to your computer, opening it with Adobe Reader and then printing your patterns will eliminate browser issues.
The patterns are PDF files and you’ll need a program on your computer that can open and display those files. The most common program is Adobe Reader. It’s a free program you can download and use right away. Click on the Get Adobe Reader text and you’ll be directed to their web site.
Can I edit my post
- detailed instructions coming soon
Can I have more than one picture in my post
- detailed instructions coming soon